Li Dan Pian – Benefit Gall Bladder Pills
This formula is for gall bladder issues that has progressed to discomfort or even to a yellowing. It may be helpful for gall bladder stones. Obviously, if you are at this stage you would want to see a western doctor to rule out serious issues and not rely on self diagnosis.
- Huang Qin – Radix Scutellariae
- Mu Xiang – Radix Aucklandiae
- Jin Qian Cao – Herba Lysimachiae
- Jin Yin Hua – Flos Lonicerae
- Yin Chen Hao – Herba Artemisiae
- Chai Hu -Radix Bupleuri (not to be taken if on interferon)
- Da Qing Ye – Folium Isatidis
- Da Huang – Radix Rhei
We are going to quote from an article by Subhuti Dharmananda (a well respected writer on Chinese Medicine). Eagle Herbs has no ties with him or his website other than an appreciation for his work. The quote talks about dietary regulation.
A patient presenting with gallstone reduction or elimination as the objective of treatment should be provided with a substantial number of therapeutic approaches to be used in combination. These include:
- A diet and exercise program that emphasizes a low fat, high fiber diet and regular daily exercise. For obese patients, a carefully monitored diet with appropriate caloric controls should have a goal of gradual weight loss of not more than 2 pounds per week on average. A digestive enzyme preparation that includes ox bile and lipase may be used to help treat symptoms of poor fat digestion.
- A regular meal schedule that encourages the gallbladder to fill completely between meals. This means minimizing snacking (which is an approach contrary to some dietary recommendations for managing eating disorders and some other health problems).
- Daily consumption of stone dissolving substances, including the “three golds” and, if possible, bile salts.
- Consumption of moderate amounts of coffee (with or without caffeine) and/or other herbs that promote bile flow (mainly herbs that treat qi stagnation and damp-heat).
- Acupuncture therapy to regulate circulation of qi, purge the gallbladder, and alleviate pain in the gallbladder region.
- A gallstone purging therapy to eliminate stones that have a diameter of less than 1 cm, to be taken over a period of several days. This therapy would include rhubarb and mirabilitum.
- Shipping Rate: A