Qing Qi Hua Tan Wan Pinellia and Scute
Qing Qi Hua Tan Wan translates as Clear Qi and Transform Phlegm Pill.
This is one of my favorites for colds and a cough when the phlegm has gotten all gross and yellow. Qing Qi Hua Tan dries the phlegm and clears the heat. Be careful about taking it for more that a week or two as it cause the lungs to dry and you might develop a dry cough. It is a variation of Er Chen Wan.
please choose carefully whether capsules or powder and sizes. Thanks.
半夏 pinellia rhizome, pinellia tuber Rhizoma Pinelliae Ternatae
- The key action of this herb is drying dampness. To put that into familiar terms, it promotes the healthy functions of the stomach. Healthy stomach functions mean less gurgling and nausea.
茯苓 sclerotium of tuckahoe, China root, hoelen, Indian bread Poria Cocos
- Fu ling dries like Ban Xia, but also calms the spirit. Doesn’t make you sleepy or anything, just calm.
tangerine flavedo, tangerine peel Pc. Citris
- Another drying herb, but this one also promotes qi movement which can be thought of as regulating the part of stomach functions that require the help of the nervous system.
Huang Qin – Scutelleria
- clears heat especially from the lungs
Xing Ren – Apricot Seed
- stops cough
Dan Nan Xing – Artesema Pulva
- clears phlegm
Gua Lou Ren – Trichosantnthes
- stops cough and moderates the harshness of the Dan Nan Xing
Sheng Jiang – Ginger
- This benefits the stomach/ spleen which is considered the source of phlegm and the start of the lung channel.
Typically the Qing Qi Hua Tan Wan tongue has a thick yellow coat like the one below.
|Dimensions||0.2 × 0.2 × 0.2 in|
|granules or capsules sizes||
100 grams granules: $34, 200 grams granules: $60, 100 capsules (50 grams): $35, 200 capsules (100 grams): $58, 5 bottles 200 grams granules: $275, 5 bottles 200 capsules: $260