This is an Yin Tonic formula helping dry lungs and stomach. You might need this after a cold that has turned dry and the cough is now “non-productive” (no phlegm). Its good for all sorts of Yin Deficiency syndromes.
The first three herbs moisten the lungs (and therefore stop the dry cough) and stomach and generate fluids.
- Sha Shen Rx. Adenophorae/ Glehniae
- Mai Men Dong Rx. Ophiopogonis
- Yu Zhu Yu Rz. Polygonati Odorati
- Sang Ye Fol. Mori – Clears Heat from the Lungs, stops cough and moistens dryness. Sang Ye will do what the above herbs do but is “lighter” and focuses more on clearing heat and ventilating the lungs.
- Tian Hua Fen Rx. Trichosanthis – Important to generate fluids, and clear lung heat
- Bai Bian Dou Sm. Lablab Album – Warms and harmonizes the Middle.
- Gan Cao Rx. Glycyrrhizae – Over all “harmonizer” and also moistens the Lungs, clears Heat and stops cough.
Thanks to Joel Penner at Amerciandragon for the info.
- Shipping Rate: A