Zhong Man Fen Xiao Wan Separate and Reduce Fullness in the Middle
The title pretty much says it- This formula is for fairly severe stagnation in the stomach. The “separate” refers to heat and cold – it definitely will clear heat signs. Overall it may be applicable to burping, heart burn and overall discomfort in the stomach. The “man” in the titles refers to the “pit of the stomach” area.
Because we are using the powders we cannot create the “chao” or cooked versions of the herbs. This is a complex formula with a few expensive herbs.
Thanks to Joel at Americandragon for permission to use the herb descriptions.
- Hou Po – Magnoliae Officinalis- Promotes the movement of Qi in the Middle Jiao, resolves Stagnation, descends Rebellious Qi, reduces Phlegm and dries Dampness, specifically for abdominal distention.
- Zhi Shi – Aurantii Immaturus – Breaks up Stagnant Qi, reduces accumulation, descends Qi, unblocks the bowels, removes Stagnant Food, transforms Phlegm, reduces distention and resolves hardenings. It can be used in both Hot and Cold disorders.
- Jiang Huang – Curcumae Longae – Invigorates Blood, promotes movement of Qi, alleviates pain and aids Chao Zhi Shi in removing Qi Obstruction in the Middle Jiao.
- Huang Qin – Scutellariae- Clears Heat, dries Dampness, drains Fire, detoxifies and Calms ascending Liver Yang.
- Huang Lian – Coptidis – Clears Heat and drains Dampness, drains Fire, resolves Fire toxicity and drains Stomach Fire.
- Gan Jiang – Zingiberis – Dries Dampness, transforms Phlegm, descends Rebellious Qi, stops vomiting and harmonizes the Stomach.
- Ban Xia – Pinelliae – Dries Dampness, transforms Phlegm, descends Rebellious Qi, stops vomiting and harmonizes the Stomach.
- Zhi Mu – Anemarrhenae – Clears Yang Ming and Qi Stage Heat, drains Fire and nourishes Yin (clears Heat from theLung and Stomach).
- Ze Xie – Alismatis – Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness, settles Ministerial Fire in the Kidneys by draining Damp-Heat from the lower Jiao and drains Kidney Fire.
- Zhu Ling – Polyporus – Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness and dispels Damp-Heat.
- Fu Ling – Poria – Promotes urination, leaches out Dampness,strengthens the Spleen, harmonizes the Middle Jiao and transforms Phlegm.
- Bai Zhu – Atractylodes – Tonifies the Spleen, augments Qi, dries Dampness and promotes water metabolism.
- Ren Shen – Ginseng – Tonifies Spleen and Stomach Qi. With Bai Zhu for the transformation and transportation functions of the Spleen.
- Zhi Gan Cao – Glycyrrhizae Preparata – Tonifies the Spleen, augments Qi, clears Heat, relieves Fire toxicity and moderates and harmonizes.
- Chen Pi – Citri Reticulatae – Regulates Qi, adjusts the Middle, relieves the diaphragm, descends Qi, dries Dampness and transforms Phlegm.
- Sha Ren – Amomi – Promotes the movement of Qi, aromatically transforms Dampness, strengthens the Spleen, stops vomiting, warms the Middle and stops diarrhea