This is a classic formula to help the lungs especially for long term problems. Think of the symptoms of COPD and you get the general idea although it doesn’t have to be that extreme. It can also be for a lung issue that just won’t resolve. Generally there won’t be much phlegm and the tongue might have no coat at all and/or be red. Any cough may be weak and not bring up much sputum.
- Shortness of breath
- Spontaneous perspiration
- Occasional chills and fever
- Wheezing with thin, scanty sputum
- Low energy
- A propensity to catch cold easily
- Chest oppression
- Weak and low voice
- Intolerance of Cold
- Pale face
- Ren Shen – Rx. Ginseng- Tonifies Lung Qi and strongly tonifies Yuan Qi.
- Huang Qi –Rx. Astragali – Tonifies Wei Qi, stabilizes the exterior and tonifies the Lungs.
- Shu Di Huang – Rx. Rehmanniae Preparata – Rx. Rehmanniae Preparata
- Wu Wei Zi – Fr. Schisandrae – Tonifies Qi, astringes Jing, helps the Kidneys grasp Qi and astringes leakage of Lung Qi.
- Zi Wan – Rx. Asteris – Moistens the Lungs, stops cough and expels Phlegm.
- Sang Bai Pi – Cx. Mori – Drains Heat from the Lungs, descends Lung Qi and stops cough and wheezing.
(Special thanks to Joel Penner at American Dragon for permission for the information.)
|Dimensions||0.2 × 0.2 × 0.2 in|
|granules or capsules sizes||
100 grams granules: $34, 200 grams granules: $60, 100 capsules (50 grams): $35, 200 capsules (100 grams): $58, 5 bottles 200 grams granules: $275, 5 bottles 200 capsules: $260